7 Tips On Helping You Love Yourself - Just The Way You Already Are
We often see posts all about embracing those rolls, cellulite, and all those perfectly imperfect parts that aren’t spoken about or shown in the media - it's beyond important - but this also applies to all the men out there too, who are often just as insecure and won't have so many dedicated posts out there.
Loving and accepting yourself is a long process and something you need to train yourself to do, it's not something that happens overnight - a simple blog with 7 tips is just a starting point.
1. Ditch the opinion that looking a certain way will make you happier! Ask yourself, why do you want to look different? If it's because you want other people to like you, or believe you will be more loved a certain way, then you’re doing it for the wrong reasons. You need to do this journey for YOU, for a healthier life. You deserve to be loved and accepted in the exact body you are in, don’t entertain people or messages that tell you anything different
2. Don’t judge other people’s bodies. If this is something you do, for you to love your own body, you need to stop criticising someone else's - Bodies aren’t a valid measure of a person’s value!
3. If you need to cleanse your social media feeds of anything that makes you feel bad about yourself, then do it.
4. Do something every day that makes you feel good about yourself; A massage, a run, a workout, reading a book, or putting on make-up for no reason. Positive thoughts equal a positive outlook.👌
5. If you're someone who struggles with exercise being a chore, make exercise fun and about making yourself feel good. It's to increase energy, reduce stress, and keep ourselves healthy.
6. Eat when you are hungry. Rest when you are tired.
7. Surround yourself with people that remind you of your inner strength and beauty.